Just because you wrote it, doesn’t mean people will see it. When you publish your blog posts, the next step is to market that post so that people will read it.
Your blog is one of the essential marketing tools you have to drive traffic to your website. A regular content schedule is a must for most entrepreneurs today. This article outlines a few places to share the post once it is written to help drive more traffic to your site.
Here’s my checklist for marketing your individual blog posts.
Before you create ads and share your blog posts, make sure your graphics fit the platform you are sharing on. You want your image to show up in the best format possible since people are more likely to click to scan or read your post based on the picture you are using in that post or ad.
Design graphics for sharing to all social platforms:
- Facebook shared link image 1200 x 638 px
- Pinterest 736 x 1100 px
- Instagram 1080 x 1080 px
- LinkedIn 1200 x 628 px
- Twitter 1024 x 512 px
- Google + 800 x 600 px
- YouTube thumbnail 1280 x 720 px
If you don’t have the time or resources to design for each platform, Garrett Heathsuggests that a universal size is 1600 x 800 px.
Since most platforms scale their images, at the size above, you should have reasonable success with the graphic showing up as you want. The only challenge I see is with Instagram since their images are square on your profile page, and that is key real estate.
Advertise your new post to get more reach:
- Set up a Facebook Ad to promote the post.
- Link your ad to advertise on Instagram from the Business Manager as well.
- Set up a Pinterest Ad to promote the post.
- Set up a Twitter Ad to promote the post.
Add to your upcoming newsletter
Email the individual post if you do not use a newsletter format
Share the post to:
- Facebook business page
- Personal Facebook page (share from your business page)
- Facebook groups you participate in (that allow post sharing)
- LinkedIn – as a link and as a Pulse article
- LinkedIn groups (that allow post sharing)
- Google +
- Does the post have video? Share to YouTube as well
- Reddit (if your content fits into their guidelines)
Where do you get the best results? Please share in the comments below.
Lisa Bollow | Business Strategist
I help clarify the journey of being an entrepreneur for over-achieving, passionate, creative business owners. I want to remove the overwhelm of building a business with simple, step-by-step programs, systems and support.